Keeping the cost of your PCB down is important to us.
Reducing PCB Assembly Cost
Avanti Circuits is aware that keeping prices to a minimum is an important part in the development of your Printed Circuit Board fabrication. Here are some things to keep in mind to help keep the PCB assembly cost down.
- It is essential to utilize a good drawing package that locates components you are using on the PCB.
- View the Gerber files with a separate viewer.
- Work with Avanti Circuits to insure the finish you chose for your Printed Circuit Board will best complement our assembly processes. Place components which require specific locations first.
- Attempt to space out your components evenly horizontally and vertically, and orient like printed circuit board components the same direction whenever possible. Insure that the orientation of polarized parts is the same. Avoid placing your components at angles other than 0 or 90 degrees.
- When it is necessary to have components on both sides, keep sensitive, heavy, or through hole components on the primary side. Also, any com ponents that need special attention should be kept on the primary side of the printed circuit board as well.
- When deciding where to place PCB components, always attempt to minimize trace lengths.
- Consider the volume of the run. If you have a low volume then Printed Circuit Board assembly by hand is a viable option. If you have a high volume run, it is most cost efficient to use automated printed circuit board assembly. Also, the volume is not only determined by the number of printed circuit boards ordered but also by the number of components on each PCB. Check with your PCB assembler to determine what volume your run is considered.